The Lighter Side:
Trivial Tech Notes –
Did You Know?
- The technology contained in a single Game Boy unit in 2000 exceeded all the computer power that was used to put the first man on the moon in 1969.
- Hackers in 1999 discovered a flaw that allowed logging in to any Hotmail account with the password “eh.”
- A man patented something eerily similar to an iPod in 1979!
- The power source for NASA’s Curiosity rover barely outputs enough energy to power a ceiling fan!
- Google has bought an average of one company per week since 2010
- Smoking near Apple computers voids the warranty.
- The Recording Industry Association of America tried to outlaw MP3 players in 1998!
- MIT has built a robot that can assemble IKEA furniture on its own!
- There is a $300,000 watch that doesn’t tell time!
- Scientists are working on technology that would allow the road to charge electric cars as they drive on it!
- The Department of Defense used 1,760 PlayStation 3’s to build a supercomputer because it was the cheapest option!
- The default Windows XP desktop is a real picture of a real location with no digital enchantments. The background is called “Bliss” – a green meadow with a blue sky above it, seen above.
- All the batteries in the world could only support 10 minutes’ worth of the world’s demand for energy.