9 Ways To Kick Off Your New Year By Disconnecting
From Technology (At Least A Little Bit)
The New Year brings renewal in our lives. It is a time that many people vow to make changes to correct certain behaviors in their life that are causing them pain or harm. With technology improvements, it has rapidly become difficult to disconnect from technology, which can cause harm in our health and sanity.
Here are 9 simple steps you can take this year to disconnect from your technology, even if for just a little while:
- Turn it off. Whether overnight or on a day each weekend, turn off technology and feel the peace of disconnecting from the connected world.
- “No Tech Night.” Get your family involved. Turn off the TV. No iPhones or tablets. No work to catch up. Read a book. Play a board game. Or even just talk with each other!
- No E-mails First Thing In The AM. Focus on YOUR biggest task first before you dive into everyone else’s agenda.
- Social Media 1x Per Day Only. Set a certain time each and every day to check social media and then stay off the rest of the day.
- Read Actual Printed Materials. Books, magazines, a real newspaper or this monthly newsletter!
- Don’t Sleep Next To Your Phone. Leave it in the other room. You’ll sleep easier.
- Get Outdoors. Simple, but effective.
- No Cellphones During Dinner! Enjoy your food and the company around you.
- Set Your “Work Hours” And Stick With Them. You’re not expected to work every hour of the day. Take your life back and just live a little.