Cyber security is more important than ever, but it doesn’t have to be complicated.
Just follow these rules and you’ll be well ahead of the game:
- Only use secure networks.
- Encrypt your data – it’s easier than it sounds.
- Install a strong firewall.
- Install patches and updates as soon as they become available.
- Do your research on the most common cyberthreats (you’d better know what phishing is).
- Develop a company-wide cyber security policy.
- Make sure your business WiFi router is protected by the WPA2 standard. (Look it up.)
- Install software that insulates you from malware.
- Get SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Certificate Protection, especially if you take payments online.